It’s just over a month (6 weeks) until the 2019 Abergavenny Food Festival rolls into town and plans and preparations are already underway. This year promises to be a great year to get involved and you could be part of it!
Visit Monmouthshire is partnering with Abergavenny Food Festival to offer volunteers the opportunity to welcome visitors to the festival and provide local visitor information at one of the biggest and most celebrated events in the county.
The two-day event kicks off on the 21st of September and will be held at key locations across Abergavenny. With a range of tasty activities for the whole family including wine and cheese tasting sessions and cookery classes for children – there’s plenty to get involved in.
Volunteer Town Ambassadors are needed to provide visitors with a warm, local welcome and to signpost them to the wide range of things to see and do during their visit, encouraging them to explore the beautiful town of Abergavenny and venture further across the county.
Anyone interested in being part of this exciting opportunity will be required to commit to at least one day (9.00am-5.00pm) over the festival weekend.
There’s a range of benefits available to those who take part. They include;
- Opportunity to participate in volunteer recognition schemes
- A chance to share skills and develop new ones.
- A familiarisation trip around key attractions in the area on Monday 2nd September 2019
- A full day’s training on ‘customer care’, ‘welcome’ and the ‘Abergavenny Food Festival’ on Thursday 5th September 2019
- A Friday night event party ticket plus 2 x weekend tickets to the Abergavenny Food Festival
- Opportunities to undertake additional training and development
- Full insurance cover
- Reimbursement of local bus travel expenses
- Sandwich lunch and free car parking space on day of volunteering
Cllr Paul Jordan, Cabinet Member for Tourism in Monmouthshire said “I would encourage people to volunteer for this wonderful event in Monmouthshire – the food capital of Wales. What better way to meet people and give visitors a warm, Monmouthshire welcome to the county”.
For further information and to apply please click on this link